Sunday, October 30, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

What fun! This is my first go at Six Sentence Sunday (more info here). With no further ado, I present six sentences from my current manuscript, BITERS, a young adult futuristic romance:
“Going somewhere?”
I know that voice – and I know it well. I know how it sounds as it laughs and teases, coaxing my own laughter in response. I know how it sounds offering tender words of comfort while I’m so overcome with the biting pain of grief that my sobs come out as screams. And I know how it sounds as it whispers in my ear causing a reaction so pleasurable that my knees weaken and my heart flutters.
Ironically, my knees weaken now – from dread not desire.

8 comments:

  1. Nice six :) (but you may want to change the color so people can read them)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This was my first ever pre-scheduled blog. So much to learn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to SSS! Great 6, Sarah. Really want to know what caused the shift from desire to dread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great piece! Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice six! Love the contradiction between pleasure and dread. Makes for interesting intrigue!
    Amy Durham

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday, Sarah! Wonderful debut! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on jumping in to SSS...watch out, it's addicting!

    Great six, love the emotion and am intrigued by the mix of pleasure and dread. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete